Re: Caddx NX8E door electric strike

"jawdoc" <drbrooks@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1115598116.723669.175770@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Thanks Frank
> My strike is less than 1 amp and I have that going fine.
> I do understand the second  zone relay however if I put an EOL resistor
> across the second relay to simulate a normal condition will it not
> trigger the alarm during the transition?  I have not tried that yet.
> Thanks again for your time!

It shouldn't be a problem as long as you "break" the connection to the field
resistor at the same time you're "making" the connection to the one you've
got in the control.  It will require using both sides of the relay (N.O. and
N. C.).  You can set the zone's reaction time to a fault condition for
slightly longer than the default if you have to.