Re: Ademco Wireless

Hi Tech wrote:
> We have installed Ademco wireless systems for awhile now, but we have
seem
> an increasing amount of intermittant problems with "check" showing
for
> different devices. We will put the system into test mode and all is
well,
> but very intermittantly certain devices won't report. The new 6160rf
seems
> more prone, but we have seen it with 5881's also. Anyone else having
> problems.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

I don't install Ademco, but is there a way to note what the signal
strength is  ..... like ..... on a scale of one to ten .... or some
such range? or is it a go/no go check?
If it's not a scaled type signal strength test, I don't know what to
tell you except, talk to the manufacturers tech support.

If a scaled type check, did you note that the transmitters were all
reading acceptable when the system was installed? I ask this, because
so many people simply install the transmitters, never check signal
strength and if there's no immediate problem they assume it's a good
system. It's always wise, during installation, to test-locate all
transmitters and receivers for the maximum signal set possible. This
takes care of any changes that may occur in the location of the
installation over time. In taking over some wireless systems, or in
helping some installers who've had problems with wireless
installations, I've noted that many transmitter/receivers are not
optimally installed.

If all of the above checks out, does your system have a way to check
for
 ( shhhhhhh )

(wisper ....... i-n-t-e-r-f-e-r-e-n-c-e )?