Re: Just bought, am I getting a fair deal? Apex/Honeywell/Monitronics

Don't rely on the web entirely...get face to face and phone to phone =
with someone. Find a company willing to talk to you! I spend MOST of my =
time talking (I get headaches from being on the phone so much).

Ask; friends, neighbors, relatives who they use. Check with your local =
BBB (don't count on this but it's one indicator)...you can check for =
contractors licenses, alarm licenses etc. Best thing though is to ask =
around!

Apex may or may not show up to pickup the equipment...sometimes it's =
just not worth another trip...wait and see.=20

"Danny Kewl" <bwana1SPAMMENOTREMOVE@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
> [...]

> hopefully a little more reasonable in price. Or will Apex still want =
their=20
> equipment back vs. getting compensated by another company? Thanks much =

> again.
>=20
>=20
> "Crash Gordon=AE" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> They're both made by Ademco/Honeywell and are very similar. The ADT =
one is=20
> "take-over-able" except for the fact that it's not remotely =
programmable by=20
> anyone except ADT. The Vista 15P is standard fare...except I'm not =
familar=20
> with the "MT"...it may be a proprietary version of the 15P made for=20
> Monitronics. Mark Leuck (a poster herein) would know for sure.
>=20
> Don't get to hung up shopping for price on the net. I'm sure you could =
find=20
> some idiot to monitor  your system for 2 bucks a month if you looked =
hard=20
> enough.
>=20
> Find yourself a local company that's been around a while, one that has =

> experience and a good rep. - someone who charges a fair price. After =
all if=20
> someone is only charging 5 bucks a month...will they be around in a =
year to=20
> take care of  you? You want someone who cares, who will respond, who =
knows=20
> the product...and wants to keep you as a customer..not by enforcing a =
long=20
> term contract because the HAVE to to stay in business.
>=20
>=20
> "Danny Kewl" <bwana1SPAMMENOTREMOVE@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
> > To answer Crash Gordon's question on which ADT panel was removed, =
the=20
> > front
> > says Safewatch Pro. The back cover, if I have the right one matched =
up,=20
> > says
> > Ademco 6128ADT LCD  Keypad. It seems like they left all or most of =
the old
> > hardware laying around. On my new one, it says Monitronics on the =
outside,
> > and I don't want to pull it off the wall to see if anything's on the =
back.
> > However, inside the flip lid where your zones are written down, it =
says
> > Honeywell. My owner's manual states it's a Vista-15PMT, however mine =
don't
> > have the Message and Microphone LED's as illustrated in the owner's=20
> > manual,
> > just the Armed and Ready LED's.
> >
> > I took Bob Worthy's advice, and yesterday faxed Apex the filled out =
Notice

http://www.americandigital.shoppingcartsplus.com/page/page/1690276.htm,
> > where they have Take-over monitoring services seemingly dirt cheap, =
like
> > $5.95 a month etc. thru firms such as Half Price, AMS, and
> > saveonmyalarm.com. Are any of these reputable, or "do you get what =
you pay
> > for"? If any good, since I have all the old hardware, it may be =
worth it=20
> > for
> > someone to re-install it for me to get these prices. Or is that =
asking for
> > trouble. Then again, when Apex was installing, the wires from the =
old=20
> > wired
> > motion sensor was bad, and they gave me a wireless, or else they =
would=20
> > have
> > wired one in. So maybe better to get new stuff? Or do it myself, is =
it=20
> > worth
> > it? I found a couple other sites that says service starts at $29 a =
month
> > (greatalarms.com) but it seems they give you less free equipment =
than=20
> > Apex,
> > no glass breakage detector mentioned. I seen a similar offer by ADT =
at $33
> > and up per month. I plan on making some calls to these companies in =
the=20
> > next
> > few days. But then again, I have to rely on their cellular =
monitoring
> > service, which may drive the price closer to Apex's. Would it be =
worth it=20
> > get Apex out to save under $10 a month since I'm now wired with =
them? Now=20
> > if
> > I can save more than $10 a month, worth switching. I now noticed =
Apex