Re: DSC PC1550 alarm time out

On Tue, 3 May 2005 11:24:36 -0400, "R.H.Campbell"
<rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Sir, to answer your question in a real fashion, yes, the "timeout" is
>confurable, but only with installer level access  (the stuff our ng wacko
>Paul is ranting on about).
>
>To change the time that the siren sounds, you will need access to the
>installer code and programming sheets to do so. The factory default
>installer code is 1500 or 1550, unless it has been changed by the installing
>company (and this is standard practice and a perfectly acceptable practice
>in the industry, especially if the panel is being monitored). If you own the
>panel outright, and if it is no longer under the terms of a monitoring
>agreement, contact the original company (or last company to monitor the
>alarm), to have them set it back to factory spec for you.

RHC admit finally and mention in last sentence:
:       "to have them set it back to factory spec for you."
 In clear to RESET your panel programming and loose the initial setup
where you or the previous owner have payd for!
 Nice people those "so called" pro's.

Paul