Re: DSC PC1550 alarm time out

Sir, to answer your question in a real fashion, yes, the "timeout" is
confurable, but only with installer level access  (the stuff our ng wacko
Paul is ranting on about). Factory default is 4 minutes, but it can be
changed to more or less time. When the alarm triggers, the siren goes for 4
minutes, and will stop if it doesn't see a continuing alarm condition to
cause it to trigger further. Nothing but a master or user code however, will
actually disarm the system.

To change the time that the siren sounds, you will need access to the
installer code and programming sheets to do so. The factory default
installer code is 1500 or 1550, unless it has been changed by the installing
company (and this is standard practice and a perfectly acceptable practice
in the industry, especially if the panel is being monitored). If you own the
panel outright, and if it is no longer under the terms of a monitoring
agreement, contact the original company (or last company to monitor the
alarm), to have them set it back to factory spec for you.

R.H.Campbell
Home Security Metal Products
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
www.homemetal.com

<-pull@shoot> wrote in message
>I mentioned it already before....
>
> When you choice to have a pro-installer/monitoring of the alarm system
> YOU pay for, it will never be fully yours anymore.

...........remove balance of drivel......................
 Paul