Re: 22. Are you an OLD or a NEW VICTIM of wireless alarm systems

<-pull@shoot> wrote in message

> Are you an old or will you be a new VICTIM of wireless alarm
>  systems wrong advertisements and sellers talk?
>
> Wireless alarm systems fail during Radio Frequency Interferences (RFI)
> without warning to the owner or CS and nothing can prevent it.
>
> TEST YOURS if you have one, get a FCC/CE approved transmitter...
>
> :For all frequency types of wireless alarm systems:
> www.mipot.com
> http://www.aurel.it/
> www.rfsolutions.co.uk
>
> OR
>
>  Ask "so called" professionals to explain you why wireless alarm
> systems are reliable and how they avoid RFI, the well known nuisances
> of low power radio wave reception.

Interference is avoided by repeatingly sending the signal across an FM band
comparable in "width" to the FM band on your radio. That's a lot of
frequencies to jam or otherwise have interference. One of the multiple
signals is
bound to get through and it only takes one.
Because there's no wire (or EOL), the transmitter has to send check-in
signals
to ensure it is able to report an alarm (supervision).
If the receiver doesn't see the check-in signals, it complains to the poor
sap carrying
the pager.
So, it seems we're doing the best we can where it's unrealistic to use wire,
Paul.
If you have a better idea, I'd like to hear it.