Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

>> Wow!  That's some markup.  The NX-6
>> board costs the dealer about $36, including a cabinet.  Retail price is
>> $45.
>
> Whose "retail price"??  Maybe yours?

Yes, that's what I charge for that panel.  It's a basic, inexpensive model.

> I certainly wouldn't sell it for anything less
> than $72.00...

I make it up in volume.

> a thirty minute "support call" is worth a
> heck of a lot more than that (so is yours
> for that matter)...

True, but he may order more later and he's also likely to tell his friends.
Online retailing is a very different business model.

> There''s no way he's buying a whole
> system from you Robert (he already has one).

No problem.  His neighbors or his family may order later.

>> Yes and yes.  The cabinet comes with
>> a lock and 2 keys.  You can program a new board to be monitored by anyone
>> you like.  If you have a central station
>> with whose services you are satisfied,
>> ask them if they will program the new
>> panel for you by modem.  Since they're
>> already being paid to monitor the alarm
>> they may be willing to do so for free. If not it should be a nominal
>> charge.
>
> First and foremost, few (if any) central
> stations will program boards (that I know
> of) remotely...

The operative phrase above is "that [you]
know of".  There actually are a growing
number of central monitoring stations that
are willing to service and monitor DIY
installations.  The security landscape is
slowly changing (IMO for the better).

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass