Re: CADDX NX-6 question from homeowner

news:c8idnThlL6Pkw9XfRVn-uw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> When I called another local alarm
>> company, they quoted me 325$ (189
>> for the board and the rest for labor)
>> to replace the panel...
>
> Wow!  That's some markup.  The NX-6 board costs the dealer about $36,
> including a cabinet.  Retail price is $45.

Whose "retail price"??  Maybe yours?  I certainly wouldn't sell it for
anything less than $72.00 or it's not worth the time it's going to take to
"support" this individual through programming and setup.  In my neck of the
woods, $9.00 won't buy much and my time on a thirty minute "support call" is
worth a heck of a lot more than that (so is yours for that matter).
There''s no way he's buying a whole system from you Robert (he already has
one).

>> When I buy the NX-6 control panel,
>> will it come with the keys for the
>> cabinet? Are these keys standard?
>> Will installing this new board be
>> sufficient for me to get monitoring
>> from any company which supports
>> CADDX?
>
> Yes and yes.  The cabinet comes with a lock and 2 keys.  You can program a
> new board to be monitored by anyone you like.  If you have a central
> station with whose services you are satisfied, ask them if they will
> program the new panel for you by modem.  Since they're already being paid
> to monitor the alarm they may be willing to do so for free.  If not it
> should be a nominal charge.

First and foremost, few (if any) central stations will program boards (that
I know of) remotely.  Most will want to verify the installation and ensure
all the devices are working and terminated properly.  Most will use a
properly licensed and trained local Dealer for this.  You may be willing to
do this "sight unseen", but if there are life safety components in the
system, it becomes a whole different ball game (IMHO).