Re: EOLR Depate

Frank Olson wrote:

> "DrPhil" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>
>>Have you ever had the resistor corrode out and cause false alarm when the
>>switch is mounted low on the side of the door frame and the wire is
>>drilled down into a crawl space below?  Moisture from the crawl space
>>works its way up from below and causes the resistor to corrode.  I have
>>had this happen several times over the years. May take a year or more to
>>happen.  Now I hesitate to put a resistor on the end of the line in this
>>situation because I hate false alarms.
>>After reading this article I wonder if I would rather have F/A or get
>>sued.
>

> Use contacts with built-in end-of-lines and you'll eliminate this problem...

are the built in end of lines sealed inside the switch with the reed? to
prevent something like this.  may be the way to go.  Lets see...... with
the NX panel and zone doubleing that would be 3 different resistor
values I would need, naw prob get by with 2 one for no zone dble and 1
for the first eight zones should be enuf for most  houses.  i'll look
into. thanks