Re: cleaner wiring solution needed (resend)

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Yes, the Yamaha Virago is a nice bike,albeit somewhat bigger than 250cc as
> remember. I've owned three Yamaha machines and they have all given me
> excellent service
>
> If I wanted to start a real fight, I'd tell you to stay away from Harley
> Davidson. They are no better than Japanese  machines and in many cases not
> as good. Plus they are much more expensive than they should be due almost
> solely to the marketing genius of Willy G. Davidson. He's managed to sell
> the buying public on the idea that 1- you're not riding a real motorcycle
> unless it's a Harley...and 2- it's worth the extra $10,000 to own a
Harley.

I can't think of any instance where a Harley is better than the competition,
they are better bikes than what was produced 20 years ago however still
behind the competition in technology, in most cases it's all about "the
look"

> Both are pure nonsense, although I tip my hat to the man. He managed to
pull
> HD from close to bankruptcy, improved their abysmal quality control, and
> made the company not only a profitable company, but a true American
icon....

That was part of it although he and the rest of the board helped put HD into
that situation after the buyout from AMF in the early 80's, they were also
helped by a stiff tariff on any cycle over 700CC signed by Reagan (which I
opposed)

I've ridden several Harleys however my heart belongs to Suzuki :)