Re: Here's one for the books

R.H.Campbell wrote:
> Really ! When I took the board back to Tried, they said it was three
> months out of warranty. Never a mention of a bad bunch of boards.....
>
> Were those boards you took out replaced by DSC under some sort of
> warranty ??
>
> RHC
>
> "jeff whitten" <jcwhitten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> Also DSC issued a tech note about a bad batch of power series
>> panels. They said that they received the wrong bridge rectifiers
>> from their supplier and
>> were prone to failure. I've replaced dozens of these panels with this
>> problem

DSC likes to sweep that one under the rug. They have strictly adhered to
their warranty policy, and pretend not to remember the bad bridge
rectifiers. I remind them annually at ISC, usually when there are new
prospective customers at their booth. They don't like that. I don't like
replacing defective boards at my own expense, so I guess we're even. Which
reminds me, ISC is next week. Heh heh heh...
js