Re: Opinions on alarms systems configured/monitored over IP network

Radionic's will be your most expensive option. You should look at DMP, the
head end will be 2/3 cheaper, and all field equipment will be about 1/3 the
cost of Radionic's, plus the product line is backward/forward compatible up
and down the entire product line. No software fees, dongle horse crap, or
expensive monitoring solutions. What you see as $9,100 with Radionic's would
cost under $4K with DMP. I was a Radionic's dealer for 8 years....now I
actually make money, have half the stock. I've been using DMP's Network
Routers for 5 years, and built a Central Station in 2002 totally dedicated
to Internet Monitoring (TCP/IP), with video verification. Been there done
it....

"Ranger" <hd_ranger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I, too could use some info on IP monitoring. We are getting ready to
install
> a campus-wide network on fiber, along with a 3Com V5000 phone system.  I
am
> monitoring 63 security/fire panels at present, over our PBX (Executone
IDX),
> with a Radionics D6500.
>
> We are looking at Bosch's NetCom System. To convert,  we will be spending
> close to $40,000 on the equipment, not counting (if needed) new automation
> software (currently SIS Alarm Center).  Although the D6600 and license key
> are not cheap, the bulk of this cost is for the dialer capture modules at
> the panels.
>
> Since our present phone system is backed up at the head end by  a UPS/nat.
> gas generator, we are looking at leaving one active copper line to each
> building, as an emergency phone, and have the panels seize that line as a
> backup.  The fiber system  will only  have 8 hours backup for switches and
> phones, and due to our situation (residential treatment facility)  that
> ain't good enough.
>
> Does the C900TTL-E dialer capture module support 4 + 2?  (still have 15
XL-1