Re: Opinions on alarms systems configured/monitored over IP network

I, too could use some info on IP monitoring. We are getting ready to install
a campus-wide network on fiber, along with a 3Com V5000 phone system.  I am
monitoring 63 security/fire panels at present, over our PBX (Executone IDX),
with a Radionics D6500.

We are looking at Bosch's NetCom System. To convert,  we will be spending
close to $40,000 on the equipment, not counting (if needed) new automation
software (currently SIS Alarm Center).  Although the D6600 and license key
are not cheap, the bulk of this cost is for the dialer capture modules at
the panels.

Since our present phone system is backed up at the head end by  a UPS/nat.
gas generator, we are looking at leaving one active copper line to each
building, as an emergency phone, and have the panels seize that line as a
backup.  The fiber system  will only  have 8 hours backup for switches and
phones, and due to our situation (residential treatment facility)  that
ain't good enough.

Does the C900TTL-E dialer capture module support 4 + 2?  (still have 15 XL-1
panels )

What kind of speed can we expect on reporting?

Will Alarm Center work with the 6600?

Is this a viable long-term solution?
Another option is to convert at each end using the new phone system. ( no
prices on that yet)  I would like to get away from my copper lines as
primary, due to 'issues.'

Are the prices I have competitive?  (no decisions made on the upgrade yet)
D6600 receiver        $4,951.00  (Includes a telephone line card)
D6680-E120             $  712.80   network interface
D4020                       $  271.20   9000 series capture module
C900TTL-E              $  413.60  generic capture module (On orders of 50 or
more)
D6201-USB            $2,748.90  (Software License dongle)

I am slowly gathering answers to these q. and others, but any input is
appreciated.
So many questions, so little time...

Rick C.
Security Manager, XXX