Re: President Bush given the Indian name of "Walking Eagle"

> Lets see
>
> 1. We could wait for the next 911
>
> 2. We could pull an Italy and try buying them off
>
> 3. We could go where they are and kick their ass
>
> I vote for #3
>
> History will again prove Bush was right and the naysayers now will be
> fawning over how they supported the conflict from the start

When was Bush right the first time, so he can be right again on this?

3 works for some enemies, Milosevic for example. But Bin Laden is not the
same kind of enemy as Milosevic. Today Bin Laden has exponentially more
followers than he did before we went to Iraq. Yeah, we're doing real well
against the real enemy.

Besides, kicking their ass doesn't make them go away, it makes the survivors
more angry and determined. Remember the end of WWI? Same thing.

Chopping a few heads is good, but do ya think we could do it more
intelligently, and without creating an entire region of the world that HATES
us for it?

Bush is in for a long term. He's losing SS reform badly, his NCLB is going
to get bounced, and IMO the war will remain a fungus. That leaves him with
how many accomplishments, exactly? The deficit, he can claim credit for
that.

-John O