Re: President Bush given the Indian name of "Walking Eagle"

"John O" <johno@#no^spam&heathkit.com> wrote in message

> > Lets see
> >
> > 1. We could wait for the next 911
> >
> > 2. We could pull an Italy and try buying them off
> >
> > 3. We could go where they are and kick their ass
> >
> > I vote for #3
> >
> > History will again prove Bush was right and the naysayers now will be
> > fawning over how they supported the conflict from the start
> >

> When was Bush right the first time, so he can be right again on this?
>
> 3 works for some enemies, Milosevic for example. But Bin Laden is not the
> same kind of enemy as Milosevic. Today Bin Laden has exponentially more
> followers than he did before we went to Iraq. Yeah, we're doing real well
> against the real enemy.

Hey may indeed have more followers now but like any infection it will get
worse before it gets better, Europe tends to turn a blind eye to the problem
which is now happing in their back yard, hopefully France and Germany won't
have their own version of 9/11 but it will likely take something like that

> Besides, kicking their ass doesn't make them go away, it makes the
survivors
> more angry and determined. Remember the end of WWI? Same thing.

You have your history wrong, Germany got it's ass kicked in WWI then after
being beaten continued to get it's ass kicked by 10 years of legal
punishment and punative payments to the winning countries, If you notice
that didn't happen after WWII when the US helped build back the
infrastructure and industry

> Chopping a few heads is good, but do ya think we could do it more
> intelligently, and without creating an entire region of the world that
HATES
> us for it?

You assume everyone in that world liked us before we invaded

> Bush is in for a long term. He's losing SS reform badly, his NCLB is going
> to get bounced, and IMO the war will remain a fungus. That leaves him with
> how many accomplishments, exactly? The deficit, he can claim credit for
> that.

Keep saying that again and again and after a while you'll start believing it