Re: Opinions on alarms systems configured/monitored over IP network

Let me know how it works out. I haven't met the new rep out there yet. Gary
Ross, the old rep there, moved on and started his own company. I made the
mistake of getting another dealer (from Cambridge) fired up with them. I
helped them (layout and installation) of a Leer Corporation Plant in
Zanesville. I do a lot of work in Ohio. Let me know if I can ever help out.

Jack

"Ranger" <hd_ranger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Thanks, Jack.   I have a call in to DMP's Ohio Region Sales Manager.
>
> Rick
>
> "Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > Radionic's will be your most expensive option. You should look at DMP,
the
> > head end will be 2/3 cheaper, and all field equipment will be about 1/3
> the
> > cost of Radionic's, plus the product line is backward/forward compatible
> up
> > and down the entire product line. No software fees, dongle horse crap,
or
> > expensive monitoring solutions. What you see as $9,100 with Radionic's
> would
> > cost under $4K with DMP. I was a Radionic's dealer for 8 years....now I
> > actually make money, have half the stock. I've been using DMP's Network
> > Routers for 5 years, and built a Central Station in 2002 totally
dedicated
> > to Internet Monitoring (TCP/IP), with video verification. Been there
done
> > it....
> >
> > "Ranger" <hd_ranger@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > > I, too could use some info on IP monitoring. We are getting ready to
> > install
> > > a campus-wide network on fiber, along with a 3Com V5000 phone system.
> > am
> > > monitoring 63 security/fire panels at present, over our PBX (Executone
> > IDX),
> > > with a Radionics D6500.
> > >
> > > We are looking at Bosch's NetCom System. To convert,  we will be
> spending
> > > close to $40,000 on the equipment, not counting (if needed) new
> automation
> > > software (currently SIS Alarm Center).  Although the D6600 and license
> key
> > > are not cheap, the bulk of this cost is for the dialer capture modules
> at
> > > the panels.
> > >
> > > Since our present phone system is backed up at the head end by  a
> UPS/nat.
> > > gas generator, we are looking at leaving one active copper line to
each
> > > building, as an emergency phone, and have the panels seize that line
as
> > > backup.  The fiber system  will only  have 8 hours backup for switches
> and
> > > phones, and due to our situation (residential treatment facility)
that