Re: Some More DIY'er Questions

You will probably always have problems like that...shower doors, sqeeky =
clothes dryers, keys falling in a stainless-steel kitchen sink etc. I =
had one lady who could sneeze at the right frequency. I don't consider =
these problems with the detector, since I've had things like that happen =
with many different brands and models...you have to consider placement =
and appropriate use...and get rid of screaming kids.

"Warren" <warrens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| I had problems with GBS in my laundry room and kitchen.
| Slamming the dryer door would often set off the alarm and dropping =
keys=20
| on the ceramic floor in the main entry would trip that sensor.=20
| Sensitivity had little effect.  These are C&K Systems FC730 dual tech=20
| sensors.  Wouldn't waste time with them again, but would like to find=20
| something more reliable to put in their place.
|=20
| briansgooglegroupemail@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
| >=20
| > Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
| >=20
| >>I've not had trouble with any gbs that you mention, including the =
Ademco wireless ones.

| >=20
| >=20
| >=20
| > I have 3 Ademco wireless glass breaks turned up to max sensitivity =
and
| > haven't had any issues in terms of false alarms or other =
malfunctions.
| > Of course, I haven't broken any glass to see if they actually work
| > either.  There's a tester you can get to simulate the glass break
| > frequency, but it was pretty expensive.  And since I'm not relying =
on
| > the glass breaks as primary security, I wasn't too worried about it.
| >=20
|=20