Re: Arizona License Questions...

Inline...

"Nick Lawrence" <nlaw@xxxxxxx> wrote in message =
news:88eb4$42a4c4a9$43bca3f1$26280@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hi Crash...
>=20
> I was hoping to hear from you on this... I'm still a bit confused =
tho...
>=20
> My inquiry, for now, relates only to monitored resi burg systems =
only...
again...depends on the city.

>=20
> State Law: do sales reps (incl door-to-door reps) need licenses or=20
> registration by the state?

No 'state' alarm or agent licenses, *only by city*. The only state lic. =
you'd need is a contractor's license and that you can slide under if you =
operate under the handyman exemption (if sale is under 750$...I think =
it's still 750)

>=20
> Tuscon Law: do you know what the rules are here, for sales and tech=20
> registration/licensing?

Dunno nuttin' about Tucson...is that in AZ? Dunno... any the work I've =
done down there was subbing for nationals and didn't have to worry about =
agent licenses, if I needed one...oh well...I don't go down there =
anymore anyway.

Who are you with?...where ya based? whaddaya doin'?? :-)

>=20
> Thx, Nick
>=20
>=20
> Crash Gordon=AE wrote:
> > Yes, must have Alarm Agents license in "most" cities..fingerprints, =
picture id.
> > Technicians are the same...and the owner must have Alarm Business =
license
> >=20
> > ...AND of course a tax license in each freekin city you collect =
monitoring or sales tax money in - some cities have sales tax on =
monitoring (telecommunications tax)...and its a freekin different rate =
depending on which city...are real pain in the butt when doing sales tax =
reports every month.
> >=20
> > And if you're doing commercial fire monitoring...the CS must be on =
the "approved list"...but that also depends on which city.=20