Re: how does Rojas do it ?

Them burners ain't cheep, I have one I paid 600 bucks for at least 10 =
years ago. And...they don't exactly come with user friendly =
instructions! It took me a long time to figure out how to use the damn =
thing let alone how to get into and modify the old Radx chips. Not =
really worth the time spent unless you're really into it for some =
reason. Definitely cheaper swapping out the board :-)

"Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| Several different programmers are required just to do 1 manufacturer. =
Some=20
| of the programmers have to be modified to work right. Then, you must =
figure=20
| out how the hex data is wriiten, and where to make your changes. It's =
not as=20
| easy as you think. It took several years to develop this method.
|=20
| Some Napco panels allow you to program in hex, so imagine being able =
to do=20
| that without having a clue what you are changing.
|=20
| So unless you are willing to spend several thousand dollars on all the =

| programmers, custom made adapters, and learning how to read the hex =
data, I=20
| suggest you just replace the board like most others do.
|=20
| Jim Rojas
|=20
| "James" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message=20
| > So do you have to have a different programmer for each brand of =
panel?, or
| > does one programmer do most of them?  On the Monitronix Lynx panel =
do you
| > use a programmer?, or do you use download software?  I have an old =
Eprom
| > programmer used for the old scantronix controlls sp650 av8000 etc.  =
is=20
| > that
| > the same thing?
| >
| > James
| >
| > "Jim Rojas" <jrojas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| >> I use an special eprom programmer and burn the information in =
directly.
| > You
| >> can change the firmware chip, but you will also have to replace the
| > keypad.
| >>
| >> Jim Rojas
| >>

| >> "James" <trishnjames@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Does it