Re: TQ installer needed

"A.J." <aj@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:EnMwe.1833510$Xk.546087@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Office staff do not have to be licensed.
>
> Outside sales, technicians and installers all have to be licensed.
>
> i.e., if you are going to be doing sales and you will be visiting clients
> at their premises, you need to be licensed.
>
> There are a couple of security runner companies in town that I have heard
> of :-
>
> Tri Force

I've heard some good things about these guys though never used their
services.

> Paladin

Is in the alarm business as well with a ULC listed station.  They will
eventually try to scoop your business.  I understand they also do third
party monitoring.

> Provident

Not heard much about them.  I understand they're guard service only.

> Intercon

Expensive, but worth it...  They deal with the "major players", also have
their own station and security alarm division.

Securtek is strictly guard service, although the times we've tried to use
them it was difficult to get service (they have existing contracts and
customers and limited employees).

Initial is straight guard service, but they have an "arms length
relationship" with Paladin so they get priority service.  The times I've had
to actually call them though, they've always come through.

> To use them, you may need to setup lock box service.

Not necessarily.  A "perimeter check" doesn't require keys to the premise.

> As far as I know, you will need an electrical license to pull an
> installation permit if your company installer is doing the install.

If it's low voltage, only a business license is required.