Re: Selective Entry Delays Per Zone?

> Commercial fire here requires separate licenses (not
> necessarily electric, but they are not automatically
> allowed to do commercial fire just because they have
> electric license) also plans must be submitted by
> Nicet 4 (I think it's 4 now).

It varies considerably from state to state.  Most states allow anyone to
install anything in their own property as long as the installation is code
compliant.  Some places don't even enforce code.  Others are so strict that
DIY commercial fire alarm installation is all but impossible.  In some
places the rules allow DIY if the project is less than $xx or the size of
the structure is less than yy square feet.  Others consider the occupancy.
For example, a place of assembly (church, theater, etc.) may require a
licensed tech whereas an apartment building or store may not.  For DIY
commercial fire alarm sales I recommend the client speak with code officials
before ordering.

> There's also a residential fire license but no one
> has one of those, or even know that it exists.

Sounds similar to the UL Residential standard which few know exists and
fewer still follow.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass