Re: Glass Break Detectors

Thanks for everyone for their comments.

>If I have to choose,  I would take a switched window.

So in your experience are windows more often pried/left open rather
than broken? I wish there was someplace I could get some statistics on
this...

I hesitate to do window switches because I have a lot of windows in my
house, and I haven't seen a really clean installation them.

I actually did have a broken window break-in several years ago, before
I had glass break detectors.  The switched interior door triggered the
alarm and scared the bastards off.

I don't detect any preference for brands or models other than the "I
have used them and they work okay" variety. Is there a consumer
reports style testing organization for security products?