Re: Glass Break Detectors

In my experience...mostly pried open...less noise created by the purp. =
Unless I'm doing a very basic system (less than 30% of my installs) - I =
will use all three...all exterior operable doors/windows contacted, =
motion detectors, and glassbreaks - locations depend on floorplan and =
how the client moves about the house.

<Dave> wrote in message =
> Thanks for everyone for their comments.
>=20
> >If I have to choose,  I would take a switched window.
>=20
> So in your experience are windows more often pried/left open rather
> than broken? I wish there was someplace I could get some statistics on
> this...
>=20
> I hesitate to do window switches because I have a lot of windows in my
> house, and I haven't seen a really clean installation them.
>=20
> I actually did have a broken window break-in several years ago, before
> I had glass break detectors.  The switched interior door triggered the
> alarm and scared the bastards off.
>=20
> I don't detect any preference for brands or models other than the "I
> have used them and they work okay" variety. Is there a consumer
> reports style testing organization for security products?
>=20
>=20
>=20
> >

> >On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:26:56 -0500, Dave <> wrote:
> >
> >>What is the general consensus on glass break detectors? Do they work
> >>well enough to rely on them as a primary perimeter security device? =
Or
> >>are motion dectors a better bet?
> >>
> >>I currently have Caddx CDX-2000 (?) detectors on my home system. =
They