Re: job coordinator/scheduler?

It also helps if the scheduler/coordinator is an ex-tech or perhaps a =
quality control person that can do schduling as well. There is NOTHING =
worse than a secretary scheduling a job 40 miles in the wrong direction =
or not knowing how long it "should" take a tech to trim out a 256 zone =
alarm panel...that can really muck up a schedule. A person with a little =
tech background knows how long it should take to complete a job in a =
timely manner. I had a person schedule a job on 123 Main Street, then =
sent that guy across town to another job, as he was leaving he saw =
another one of our trucks two blocks away from 123 Main Street...boy did =
that piss me off.

"Devin" <youdontneedit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message =
| JW wrote:
| > HI,
| > We currently have our installers also act as project managers. It's =
nice=20
| > because it gives them more control and keeps them in the loop with =
all=20
| > facets of the project. They do their own scheduling and coordinate =
with=20
| > sales reps, customers and sub-contractors. They have in-house =
support for=20
| > some tasks but still have a lot on their plates.
| >=20
| > We're looking at assigning an in-house person to help with the=20
| > scheduling/paperwork. How do most of you handle this? In theory, it =
would=20
| > seem to help the installers work more efficiently - but I wonder if =
it=20
| > doesn't often result in duplication of effort? The scheduler has to =
call the=20
| > installer to verify and then the customer and then confirm to the =
installer,=20
| > etc... does throwing another person in the mix streamline it - or =
make it=20
| > more cumbersome? Would appreciate any experiences/ideas  you're =
willing to=20
| > share to promote efficiency/productivity.
| >=20
| > Thanks!=20
| >=20
| >=20
| The way we work our company is with a service manager/project manager. =

| She handles all the scheduling and dealing with customers. Once the=20
| appointment is set by her its a go, unless the customer informs us=20
| otherwise. She makes sure all the appropriate paper work is in order =
and=20
| has the stock for the jobs. If we need to add calls etc... we just =
give=20
| her a quick call and she lets us know when there is a slot. works =
fairly=20
| well. not many glitches. Except at 4pm on a friday before a long =
weekend=20
| when something needs to be fixed that broke on monday. BUT IT HAS TO =
BE=20
| DONE BEFORE THE WEEKEND!! Love when customers do that.
|=20