Re: job coordinator/scheduler?

Hi there...

Noticing your request for help, I realised that what you were asking
for was pretty much similiar to what we are doing at the moment.

There are major differences though. We operate a central alarm
monitoring station. We use a software called A-traq. The software has a
module called the technician module. Now the advantage of this is that
we can assign a 3rd party installer to schedule and monitor their
present sites. All activities are accomplished through our web-server.

The Master code enters the system and gives access codes to technicians
working in his company. He then goes and assigns an installation to a
technician giving all relevant information forhand. The technician,
which does not have to come to the company as long as he has stock in
the back of his truck, looks at the web-site through a portable
internet access gadget (such as a pocket PC or a notebook). As soon as
he logs in, he will see that he has been assigned a duty to install a
system. He has complete details on the system as to where the
installation is to be made, what is to be installed, what special
requests were made from the customeri etc. So he goes to the location
and looking at the information starts to install the system. Once he
has completed his installation, he logs on again and is given an
account number to program the panel for sending alarms to the central
monitoring station. Next he starts to enter all relevant information
into the pocket PC instead of filling out forms. As soon as he has
completed all of the information, he shows the customer the details and
once all is confirmed just clicks on save and the data is stored into
the database. The CMS is now ready to act to any alarms from that point
forward. He may continue to test the system (WatchDog feature) and make
sure that all signals are coming to the CMS.

The master code can also view all customers bellonging to themselves
and view any information if the customer requires any aftersales help.

I must admit that I have explained only 10% of the system but it is the
ultimate automation to really cut costs and time and give better
service and after sales support. I am now able to support all 3rd party
companies and give them freedom in playing around with there own
customers.

For more information on the software log on to www.a-traq.com

Good lock.