Re: Opinions

Nope,

Voltage is a function of Resistance, that is the point most miss. As R
changes so does  E,
and A "swinger" will show by either method only when the intermittant
condition occurs. Swingers are a study in themselves.
If we are considering swingers on a loop then we might be talking about a
group of switches in series.
When a false occurs, which one is the culprit? Some use resistance and if
the meter (like any of our tools is used correctly), it often identifies the
failing component. I also like setting the loop response to fast and beating
out the frames even using the chime mode.

All of these are good, its just that there are ways to check without pulling
the loop or device being tested.