Re: Alarmforce backup

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 21:45:15 -0400, joe <nospam@xxxxxx> wrote:

>R.H.Campbell wrote:
>
>> The couple I've seen are the Ademco Lynx "squawk in a box" arrangement with
>> no line exclusion, but plugged into a phone jack. Those installs definately
>> didn't have wireless backup, although their website would seem to imply
>> that.
>>
>> RHC
>>
>> "Bob Worthy" <securinc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>>>"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>>this

>>>Anyone would just be guessing not knowing or seeing what they have. I
>>>doubt
>>>that this type of technology would stay the best kept secret in the
>>>industry. Do you know what panel they are using? Is it totally
>>>proprietary?
>>>After admitting it is not an effective backup, my guess would be that it
>>>is
>>>simply some scam sales tactic and at best be a line monitor unless they
>>>have
>>>some majic fairy dust in their pocket. Set up an appointment and have a
>>>sales rep come to your home. Tell them to bring equipment (panel-keypad)
>>>for size and cosmetic requirements. Get a good look at it then.

>how do they figure 2 way comm is exclusive to them!?

You have to listen to the ad carefully. It says...
"Alarmforce is Canada's largest installer of 2 way voice alarms"

Yeah, sure biggest. That's only because Alarmforce is the ONLY company
hanging its hat on 2 way voice exclusively.

 But even the AF installers know what crap it is and go on to install
more professional equipment, but not necessarily professionally
installed.

Julian