Re: Alarmforce backup

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:-O2dncV8sIqdh0XfRVn-jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm only guessing but I suspect cell backup would be too much for them as
> well as any form of IP backup. Buddy next door I can believe...:))
>
> But I am trying to find someone who actually knows how they do it. I have
> been told that when pressed, they admit what ever they are doing is really
> not an effective backup, but it sounds good for marketing purposes. But
this
> was hearsay; I need to find out actually what they are doing....

Anyone would just be guessing not knowing or seeing what they have. I doubt
that this type of technology would stay the best kept secret in the
industry. Do you know what panel they are using? Is it totally proprietary?
After admitting it is not an effective backup, my guess would be that it is
simply some scam sales tactic and at best be a line monitor unless they have
some majic fairy dust in their pocket. Set up an appointment and have a
sales rep come to your home. Tell them to bring equipment (panel-keypad)
for size and cosmetic requirements. Get a good look at it then.