Re: DVR Cards

Mark Leuck wrote:
> "alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> J. Sloud wrote:
>>> I agree that in any technology based industry there are a lot of
>>> good ideas found in the start-ups.  However, DVR's are not very
>>> complicated and the company standing behind the product is just as
>>> important as the product - big or small.  It's great that you have
>>> the time to research and test the upstarts' products.  Let me know
>>> if you find a winner.  My reply was meant to the poster claiming
>>> his DVR is so superior to everything else out there.
>>
>> I don't have the time, but I have to make it anyway. I don't want
>> service problems any more than you do. I understand ADT needs to use
>> mega-corp. products, it's the corporate mentality, and that's fine.
>> But from what I have seen in my limited DVR experience, there are
>> better DVR's, MUCH less expensive, with more features and better
>> support that GE, Pelco, etc.
>>
>> js
>
> True but how many of those companies will be gone next year? I
> understand the corporate mentality and there are very valid reasons
> for it.

The one I'm using has been around a while, and they're expanding. Anything
is possible. I had trouble with one unit, called them, and had an advance
replacement delivered the next day. Will GE do that for me? Pelco?
Honeywell? I don't think so.

Look what GE has done to Caddx. Gutted the technical dept., and sent
production to Mexico. What Tyco did to DSC. Street Smart went to Ademco. I
used to call and talk to the Street Smart techs., now I have to deal with
Ademco if I have a question. Shit. I hate mega-corp. bullshit.
js