Re: DVR Cards

"alarman" <alarman2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:6T3ze.14370$Qo.4957@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Mark Leuck wrote:
> >
> > True but how many of those companies will be gone next year? I
> > understand the corporate mentality and there are very valid reasons
> > for it.
>
> The one I'm using has been around a while, and they're expanding. Anything
> is possible. I had trouble with one unit, called them, and had an advance
> replacement delivered the next day. Will GE do that for me? Pelco?
> Honeywell? I don't think so.

This is true although neither will a company that might not be around as
long as GE, Honeywell or Pelco

> Look what GE has done to Caddx. Gutted the technical dept., and sent
> production to Mexico.

I understand moving the production to Mexico, expanding production here in
the US is very costly which is why they do it

Gutting the Tech support was stupid however knowing Gladewater (nice small
town) if I were in tech support for Caddx I certainly wouldn't want to move
to Minnesota or wherever they do it now, I haven't talked to GE's tech
support in ages so I don't know where it is.

> What Tyco did to DSC.

They poured a lot of money into improving it, much of the problems they had
were pre-Tyco. If they hadn't been purchased by Tyco they would likely be
out of business by how since they were having financial problems at the
time. The biggest problem with the Tyco buyout was the conflicts that
occured by other companies using those panels and now supporting the
competition which they didn't want to do.

> Street Smart went to Ademco. I
> used to call and talk to the Street Smart techs.

The Street Smart techs went to Secure Wireless

At the ISC show in 2001 (the monkey show) I met the president of Street
Smart and he was showing me the DSC/ITI/Caddx/Napco sensors they were
making, it turns out after that Honeywell got cold feet because of potential
lawsuits from using their frequencies/proprietary coding formats and
wouldn't further that project which is why the original SS guys left to form
Secure Wireless. Honeywell/Ademco didn't kill them they just did not want to
get into a potential mess which DID happen to Secure Wireless when they
finally put out those sensors later. If you notice from the Secure Wireless
website they no longer offer Ademco compatible sensors.

>, now I have to deal with
> Ademco if I have a question. Shit. I hate mega-corp. bullshit.
> js

Understand and agree in some cases, look what happened to FBI after
Ademco/Pittway bought them however some things aren't as clear cut as others