Napco EZM-8 new install causing "E12-01 SERVICE" error on keypads

I'm trying to add a EZM-8 expansion module to my Napco 9600 panel.  The
keypads are showing the following:

System Trouble
BURG EZM TRBL
E12-01 SERVICE

I have 6 Sentrol PI6000 motion sensors attached to the EZM.  The red
light on the EZM flashes once about every 2 seconds.  From the
directions, this sounds normal.

This is the first EZM added to my system.  Thus, it is set to address
01 per the jumper settings.  It is located in a second floor closet
above the door.  The panel is in the basement.

Does the error indicate something wrong with the EZM module or could I
have one or all of the motion sensors wired wrong?  I wired them
similar to what I did for one PI6000 I wired to the panel directly.

The Windows software via the automation kit indicates the 6 zones are
normal, and the 2 unused are open.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Chris