Re: Newbie Door Contact Question

news:Rtednd9q2-0uHUnfRVn-1A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > I would like it to wire to NC magnetic contacts
> > in series.  Is it as easy I think?  Would either
> > contact cause an alarm? Thanks in advance.
>

> Most knowledgeable technicians will tell you that it's important to at
least
> keep each motion and glass break detector on its own loop.  Some of us are
> more cautious, preferring to place every sensor on a separate zone.

Some of **us**are more cautious?  Ummm....might lead one to believe you are
an active technician.

  The
> optimum configuration for most folks lies somewhere between the ideal of
one
> sensor per zone and the least cost system which may have 4, 8 or more
> sensors in each loop.

A 6 zone panel with 8 or more devices per loop,(48 devices), I am sure the
homeowner with that many openings could afford the appropiate panel. If they
are simply wanting to cheap out, then they get what they pay for. With the
price of panels today, a couple of hundred dollars, for a home of that
magnitude, shouldn't be an issue.