Re: Monitronics monitoring assigned to Apex

DK1000 wrote:
> Just got a letter that Monitronics will no longer monitor my Apex installed
> security system, it's now assigned to Apex:
>
> "Effective July 23, 2005, Monitronics International, Inc. has assigned your
> Alarm Monitoring Agreement to the Apex Alarm, LLC. Apex Alarm, LLC is now
> responsible for providing you with alarm system monitoring and any other
> services under the Agreement. Monitronics is no longer party to your Alarm
> Monitoring Agreement. Apex Alarm, LLC, will now be responsible for your
> monitoring services, and future payments should be made to them."
>
> Is this good or bad in your opinion? If bad, any way to break my contract?
> Nothing in the letter what to do if I disagree with this change. Thanks in
> advance.

While I don't know your particular situation, I do know that this type
of letter is normally reserved for those cases where a customer
defaults on their payments within the first year of the contract. Were
you late with your payments? The monitoring service will not change one
bit unless Apex chooses to terminate your contract. Most likely, Apex
uses Monitronics for their contract monitoring. You will simply receive
your bill from Apex instead of Monitronics, and must deal with Apex for
warranty work and technical assistance. If you did default on any of
your payments, you probably cost Apex several hundred, if not over a
thousand, dollars in contractual obligations to Monitronics. The
anti-contract commentaries that preceded this reply not withstanding,
if you received a free, or nearly free, alarm system in exchange for a
longer term agreement, then you should live up to that agreement and
make your payments.

Bossman