Re: UL Required to get License

>  Hey Bass, tell us again about that "central station" you had in your house in Connecticut. That WAS a UL listed central station, wasn't it?

Nope.  I never needed a UL listing.  But it was fun getting your
Worthless pal all defensive, especially after the crap he's said about
me.

> Or was that too much of a commitment to standards for your taste?

Yep.  The fact is that all but a handful of installations by UL listed
alarm companies meet UL standards.  For most the UL certificate is just
a marketing gimick.  If you want to install commercial fire alarm
systems for a living, you really should go for the UL listing.  The
same applies if you want to bid on banks and such.  Most government
contracts don't require it (or at least they didn't up to 5 years ago
when I sold my alarm company).

If it bothers you when I put one of your pals on the defensive that's a
plus.