Re: UL Required to get License

<robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1134468453.949527.118210@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >  Hey Bass, tell us again about that "central station" you had in your
house in Connecticut. That WAS a UL listed central station, wasn't it?

> Nope.

I quess that is why it only reached the **modest** category. Why not be
truthful Bubble Butt. You couldn't have gotten it certified even if you
wanted it. Just like you can't get a license, even if you wanted it. The
only way you can operate in this business is through an unregulated avenue.
I ask you this just recently, with no reply, just what professional
accredidations and/or affiliations do you have? The answer is none, because
you can't qualify for any and we all know why! That is why you didn't answer
the question and babble on about other issues.  We all know you are
anti-regulation. I guess a good offense is the best defense in your eyes.

  But it was fun getting your
> Worthless pal all defensive, especially after the crap he's said about
> me.

Truth and fact is a problem with you?

> > Or was that too much of a commitment to standards for your taste?
>
> Yep.  The fact is that all but a handful of installations by UL listed
> alarm companies meet UL standards.

And you have evidence of this? Are you now saying that setting a higher
standard, by being UL listed, is not up to what you were criticizing me for
earlier? Where are you going here, Robert?

>For most the UL certificate is just
> a marketing gimick.

Ohhh...right. I missed that point. I better run right out and spend
thousands and thousands of dollars so I too can be a **gimick** merchant.

  If you want to install commercial fire alarm
> systems for a living, you really should go for the UL listing.

As if you know what percentage of the market, in this country, has UL/FM
certified/placarded fire alarm systems, as compared to the other choices
NFPA provides. You know squat about the subject, Robert.

 > The same applies if you want to bid on banks and such.

The same doesn't apply. Care to show us some more of your lack of knowledge
on the subject.

>Most government
> contracts don't require it

I guess the Government doesn't recognize the need. May be you should
straighten them out! Now! Write them a scathing email criticizing their
actions! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!! Maybe Bush will appoint you as the
"Setting a Higher Standard" committee chairperson, with your extensive
background and all. BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA!!!

>5 years ago
> when I sold my alarm company).

There we go with the time lines again.

> If it bothers you when I put one of your pals on the defensive that's a
> plus.

You just think so, and if that gets your rocks off for the day, so be it. I
will say it again, this is nothing more than kicks and giggles for me. There
isn't a whole lot that bothers me to get defensive about.