Re: Ots 2:00 AM and the alarm is going off.

"Bob La Londe" <usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Its 2:00 AM and the alarm is going off.
>
> The person on the other end of the phone wants you to tell them over the
> phone how to turn off or disable the alarm that is going off.  They are
not
> the person for whom the alarm was installed.  They claim to have purchased
> the home from the person who had the alarm installed.  You can hear the
> siren going in the background.  They have no code for the alarm system.
> They are not wiling to pay for a service call to come out to the site to
and
> help them out.
>
> What do you do?
>
> I tried to explain to them that there was no way that I would give
somebody
> I didn't know instructions over the phone on how to disarm or disable an
> alarm system, but if they were willing to pay for an overtime service call
> would be willing to come out to the premise and help them with the
> situation.  When paying for my service seemed to be unreasonable to them I
> tried to explain that any skilled proffessional is going to require to be
> paid for a 2:00 AM service call.  The caller then went on to say they
could
> not understand why I could not tell them how to disable the alarm over the
> phone.
>
> Ultimately they threatened to make sure my manager knows how I didn't help
> them and hung up on me.
>
> If the caller had waited I would have explained to them that they could
> reach my manager on Monday morning after 9:00 AM and that "he" would be
glad
> to listen to their complaint.  LOL.

I got one of those just yesterday, but more like 9 PM. The scenario as you
described, and with much the same result. My caller was a tenant, directed
by the property mgt. Co. to call me. They said we handle the alarm service.
Hmmm....news to me. I did the install years ago, and the that customer has
long since moved out.

She wanted me to tell her which wires to cut. Yeah, right. I told her to
contact the property manager for the code.

She hung up on me too.
js