Re: Brinks system, cancelled monitoring service, now no door chime that had before!

kimer wrote:
> Hi all -
>
> After being within a contract for 3 years, I just cancelled my Brinks
> home monitoring service.
>
> My door chime feature no longer works?  This is annoying to say the
> least, as my door chime feature worked *prior to* getting the
> monitoring subscription!
>
> Is there any workaround to this?
>
> Also, Brinks is saying (when I called them to ask about it) that the
> equipment isn't even mine.  However, they also made no mention of
> picking it up!
>
> ?  Just want my door chime back.... don't need the monitoring...
>
> Any way to fix this?... Thanks!
> Kim.

Brinks is correct.  They own the equipment.  Whether they let you keep
it in it's "degraded state" is up to them.  Don't expect anything to
"work" (they're under no obligation to you after you've canceled your
contract).  Their equipment is proprietary.  You can't program it
yourself (nor can another licensed dealer).  Them's the breaks.  Read
and understand your contract terms before you agree to them.

This all may sound a little "harsh", but after seeing numerous people
post into the group with the same idea I've sort of edited all the