Brinks system, cancelled monitoring service, now no door chime that had before!

Hi all -

After being within a contract for 3 years, I just cancelled my Brinks
home monitoring service.

My door chime feature no longer works?  This is annoying to say the
least, as my door chime feature worked *prior to* getting the
monitoring subscription!

Is there any workaround to this?

Also, Brinks is saying (when I called them to ask about it) that the
equipment isn't even mine.  However, they also made no mention of
picking it up!

?  Just want my door chime back.... don't need the monitoring...

Any way to fix this?... Thanks!
Kim.