Re: Brinks system, cancelled monitoring service, now no door chime that had before!

After the panel exited program mode (which Brinks likely put it in so
they could deprogram the reciever line phone numbers) the chime was
deactivated.
This was not malicious on their part that is just the way the panels
operate.  entering and exiting programmming mode will turn off the chime
feature.
I am betting that the panel is of the 'vista' type so all you have to do
is enter your user code and the push '9'.
likely the '9' button has the word 'chime' somewhere around it so if
that's the cse then this procedure will get you your chime back.
If this is not the case then you will have to dig around and find your
user's manual.

Good luck.