Re: Do YOU ACTUALLY Own Your Equipment??

Actually Frank, I expect the best approach might be the one that a local
company uses here. They offer ALL payment alternatives to their customers,
from:

1- leasing the hardware and a middle of the road price for the ongoing
2- buying the equipment at varying prices depending upon how long a contract
they want to sign for (1,2,3 or 5 years)
3- full price up front with no long term commitments (like I do). (I do know
their up front price is a little bit higher than mine though)
4- Major high price up front and no monitoring at all (BIG TIME cost up
front...)

If their pricing is right, I expect they make money on all alternatives. I'd
be curious to know which options sell the best (likely the ones that pay
their salesmen the most...:)) But at least they are able to cater to all
crowds with this approach

And...OK.....my apologies to anyone that feels offended by my opinions on
contracts. No intention along those lines was ever meant; however, free
discussion is what a newsgroup is all about. Ideas should stand or fall on
their merit, not be muzzled into silence because some participants don't
agree with them !!

But to keep a little peace on the newsgroup, I'll tone it down a bit (but
just a bit...).....quack, quack....:)))

RHC

http://www.polesoft.com/refer.html