Re: Remote install, no AC

Stanley Barthfarkle wrote:
>>"Mickey rigging" stuff is something we're all faced with at one time or
>>another if you've been in this trade for any length of time.  Running any
>>rectified alarm panel from a truck battery won't be a problem. Please
>>remember to disconnect it if you're going to start the truck. You can
>>reconnect it once it's running.  If you hook up a standard gell cell to
>>the battery terminals that battery will stay charged (though not to full
>>capacity) enough to run the system for an hour or two (depending on the
>>number of attached devices) in the absence of the primary power source.
>

> Hate to interrupt, but do you actually think he meant hooking it up to a
> truck batt while it was IN the truck? I hardly think so.

Just wanted to cover all the bases.  If this site is as "remote" as he
hints at, he's going to have to charge the battery from somewhere.
Let's just say, it's not "beyond the realm of possibility".  I've seen
some pretty weird things in the 22 years I've been in this business (in
the "oil patch" particularly where "mickey rigging" things is pretty
well considered "standard procedure").