Re: PictureTel Camera's and 4 port card

On Sun, 18 Dec 2005 20:32:02 -0500, "P. Totaro"
<PTotaro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Here is some info on the camera  http://www.camerapad.com/cameras.asp
>
>The problem is, I have the camera plugged in and with the pico2000 soft ware
>I can see the video, but can't control the PTZ with this software because
>PictureTel uses it's own protocol. I can use BDLCam to control the PTZ but
>the streaming software (WebcamXP) does not recognize the 4-port  DVR card
>because first, it only has 1 chip (Techwell TW6800) that uses port switching
>and second doesn't use WDM drivers. I think I also need a DVR card with 4
>chips that doesn't use port switching and shows up in device manager as 4
>separate devices.
> I have the command set and protocols for the camera's but need to find DVR
>software that will allow me (or actually someone who knows how to enter it)
>to edit the PTZ commands. Any suggestion, Paul

I suggest you get a card with 4 or more brooktree capture chips
on it. You might get some help from the techwell link below on
getting the card to switch video inputs (you would probably have
to make your own software). Get a copy of the vidcap32.exe from
the below links and see if it recognizes your card. If it does,
then most other webcam applications should be able to use your
card. You should be able to use the BDLCam (for cam control) and
a webcam application at the same time (would need to be running
on different ports) on the same web page. Note that a webcam
application and the pico2000soft ware cannot be running at the
same time under normal conditions. Bottom link shows a way to
send the bytes to the serial port from a web page.

http://www.techwellinc.com/products/6800.html
http://www.natech-inc.com/names/other_programs/vidcap/
http://www.surveyor.com/products/downloads/vidcap32.exe
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/byte.htm