Re: PictureTel Camera's and 4 port card

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:11:53 -0500, "P. Totaro"
<PTotaro@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Si, thanks for the reply
>
>It is a single (Techwell) chip that uses port switching. It shows as a
>single device in device manager. I got this 60fps card before I knew what to
>look for in a capture card.I am assuming that this chip does not use WDM
>drivers and that is why Webcamxp can't see it. My source choices for capture
>using Webcamxp are: Video for windows / Direct X / Stream from file / Stream
>from HTTP.I guess I need to be  looking for a 4 chip card that uses WDM
>drivers?   Paul

If you are looking to make a simple setup, webcam2000 (free)
might be of interest. You can also make a simple external video
switcher for your cams if you have a parallel port on yur
computer. The below page has some setup info using webcam2000 and
the middle link shows how to make a simple webcam switcher.
Bottom link shows a simple webpage for controlling a homemade
pan/tilt web cam.

http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/webcamsetup.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ppswitcher.htm
http://www.geocities.com/zoomkat/ezservo1.htm