Re: James Bond Credit Card Lock Picks

I have a medium size set of picks, I had to show all my security info to buy
them. I  have to admit I'm not very good, but it's a fun  hobby. I DID
manage to save a client major embassment once when he locked himself out of
his house in his underwear, luckily he had his cordless phone and my decal
on the front door...so he called me. When I got there he was hiding in his
backyard...pretty funny. Took me abt 20 minutes to pick a Kwikset (like I
said I'm not very good)...but I made his day!

"R.H.Campbell" <rh.campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| You're right Crash; however, guys like this REALLY piss me off ! In my
| locksmithing trade, having public access to lockpicking tools would be
| exactly the same as if I came on the internet and announced to the world
all
| the installer codes for all the companies in my area.
|
| Security works on a "need to know" basis. Having a bunch of amateurs
running
| around with picks does not work in anyone's favour. In our area, they
| wouldn't even sell them to me until I had been in the trade for six
months,
| and then only after they got to know me. Now this f*cker is out there
| selling them to every Tom, Dick or Harry with a few bucks to spend !!
|
| In the US, in some jurisdictions, having lock picking tools in your
| possession without being a qualified locksmith can land you in some
serious
| hot water !!
|
| RHC

| > Most people wouldn't know how to use them anyway.
| >

| > "Nick Markowitz" <nick-markowitz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
| > | And get charged with Felony poseccion of instruments of a Crime in
some
| > | states
| > |
| > |