Re: Next Alarm

The only thing, and again, it's NOT all manufactures control panels (only
99% of them), they listen for is "acknowledgement" tones, and a kiss-off
tone for a successful communication session. The control panel has no
capable means, other than format acknowledgement, that it talked to the
right piece of equipment, let alone where it is physically located. No
message authentication takes place, other than a correctly transmitted
format.
If it were CID, this transmission could be intercepted, and acknowledged
without the control ever knowing who, or what it actually communicated with.
There is no message authentication included in the packet, just tones from a
receiver acknowledging a successful transmission of them, and that they were
in fact correct.