Re: lack of support at Home Technology Store

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:33:17 -0700, "Crash Gordon"
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I've done a few cctv jobs with this kinda relationship...they bought the
>equipment for what they thought was a great price then paid me to install
>it...sure why not...just remember I don't warranty it and when it needs to
>be pulled you pay me again to come out and pull it out and you send it to
>repair, then you pay me again to come back and install it again.

Lots of monitoring companies are physically located outside of the
area where their customers are located.   Typically, the alarm devices
are programmed to dial a toll free number and then they call back the
Police Dept. and other numbers on the contact list that you provide.

This is not necessarily bad.   If you live in a small town or rural
area you may need to go with an out-of-town company.

Beachcomber