Re: Reporting codes

That's because nearly all the manufacturers have their own interpretation of
it.
Send CID with an XR-200 with 186 points on it, sit back, and enjoy the
conversation with the people at the Central Station.
I did a Fire-Lite 9200UD a few weeks ago...that was entertaining...
I work with DICE occasionally on issues of such, all they tell me is what
sucks, and it's not them.
It's like a UPC label...nifty method of identifying items...but just feel
free to make your own version, the shipping/receiving industry won't mind at
all....

> you can still screw up cid/sia...try playing with the Omni 408 toy.
>

> "Jackcsg" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> > "Jim" <alarminex@xxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> I thought that CID and SIA were developed to help installers to
> >> overcome Jacks "thinking on the job" syndrome
> >
> > CID and SIA were created to make non-thinkers believe that at the
> > Installation level, you couldn't screw it up.
> > Then some so-called thinkers pointed out that a non-thinker at the other
> > end
> > can screw it up through the Automation programming at the Central
Station.