Re: is wireless mature yet

Mike Sokoly wrote:

> Thanks for the heads up. I've been reading the Group since 1995. I am
> aware of others past difficulty with Mr. Bass. I have no need to go at
> with him- I choose not to initiate confrontations, and ignore
> provocation.

Good policy unless it becomes unbearable and you become the constant
target of a perverted sense of self righteousness or BY someone who
feels they have to "soap box" their opinions, about an issue, over and
over again.

> But I will also defend myself from whatever is thrown my
> way, from any source.

Thats what this Bass thing is all about.

> Mature individuals do not need to banter
> incessantly about issues.

Unless of course that "mature individual" has been the brunt of attacks
by an obviously obssesvive egocentric jerk such as Bass, who states
that he can do whatever he pleases in this Newsgroup without regard to
the group FAQ or to any normally acceptable social contract. It has to
be his way or he will cause disruption. So be it. It works both ways.

>I profer Mr. Campbell as an excellent example
> of a "Professional"- what this industry sorely needs to address.
> Discussion and opinion are good- just don't try to ram it down my throat!

You've unwitingly contradicted yourself here. Mr Campbell is an
excellent example of someone who, in fact, DOES "banter incessantly
about specific issues ...... over and over again .... attempting to
"ram it down your throat". He complains greatly about RF Paul's
repeated posts about wireless systems, yet can't quite bring himself to
avoid grandstanding his opinions over and OVER and O V E R again and
AGAIN with regard to ADT and long term contracts. He NEVER misses an
opportunity to tell someone how bad ADT is and what bad service they
give and what rip offs they are. He also NEVER, E V E R  misses an
opportunity to "imply" how unscrupulous dealers are, who offer a
contract longer than one month. Always with the implication that
dealers who get contracts are scamming the public. He's wrong in the
opinion of almost 100 percent of the industry mogels and people who are
in the buying and selling of alarm companies. Yet ..... he constantly
portrays the dealers as unpricipled for wanting to build equity in
their business. End users who come here looking for advice are
subjected to his incessant badgering about contracts being worthless
for the end user. It's his "mission" to tell every end user not to sign
monitoring contracts for any length of time. Well  .... after a couple
of years of his incessant and relentless anti-dealer retoric, it's time
that someone take him to task for it. And I do. He's only been in the
business for about 5 or 6 years. Has no other experience in the
industry. Has another source of retirement income, so equity in his
business is of no concern to him. He's been totally inaccurate in how
his business will grow and he obtains his business by undercuting his
competition, offering free lifetime service and parts, lowballs
monitoring fees and has no goal to build equity in his company. And yet
he has the audacity to compare himself to "other" dealers to support
his position.

Listening to his opinion once or a few times, one might be inclined to
let his repetitive rhetoric, on the matter, just pass by. But after a
while ya just gotta say something to let him know that, no response
from people doesn't mean that what he says is accurate or the right
thing to do. It's just one of those things. If someone says something
and some agree and some don't ...... ok, you've said your piece ......
it's over. Its ok to bring it up occasioally, but if you're gonna harp
on it at every opportunity ........ it's time for someone to take him
to task. He's wrong. He knows that most everyone in the group disagrees
with him. He knows that most everyone in the industry disagrees with
him ...... so ...... what's he think he's going to do?  Convince the
entire industry from this Newgroup by ceaselessly and relentlessly
repeating that which he's already recited over and over for the past 5
years? For-get-about-it already! Run your business the way you see fit,
but don't incessantly get on your soap box and preach to people who you
know don't agree with you, unless you eventually want to get it thrown
back in your face and are just trying to cause disruption.

Nah! Either cut the crap or expect to be confronted each and every
time.

> Many so called "EXPERTS" have little knowledge in the Field or with
> hands on experience; but can talk a streak rather well. I've met a few.

That would be both Robert Bass and Robert Campbell . But at least
Campbell doesn't lie about his short time or inexperience in the
business. Bass hardly ever installed when he did own an installation
company but can quote from most any installation instruction sheet as
long as it's over 5 years old. He's been caught a number of times
claiming that things where his ideas when in fact it was in previously
published documents. He's even braged about stealing an installation
hint that I'd given in this group. He also lies now, by inferring that
he's still in the installation business when he hasn't (legally)
installed a system in about six years. He does this when he's trying to
get end users to buy from him.

B U T as you say ..... people like him who know the least do "talk a
streak" about how much they ...... uhhhh know.

Obviously, you can take or leave the above. I just wanted to be sure
you understood the "dynamics" first.

ie. Since you haven't attacked anyone or haven't been attacked yet, no
reply is necessary and would perhaps be the best tact. :-)