Re: Reporting codes

> Does anyone know where i can find a list of different
> reporting codes. i am mostly looking for the old 4+2
> format. i am picking up some takeovers of old Safelink
> systems that do not support contact id.

Hi Tommy,

As someone else already mentioned, 4+2 format can be anything you
want.  However, there is a SIA standard set of definitions for
4+2 reporting.  I believe I may have posted it once before in
this newsgroup.

I have the SIA document on my PC in the States but not on the
laptop I'm using here.  If you don't get it elsewhere, ask me via
private e-mail and I'll have someone go into my office and
forward it.

That said, very few companies actually adhere to SIA standards
with the older systems.  You might be better off just testing
each code on one system through to the central station.  Most
likely they will have used the same parameters on all systems.

Regards,
Robert L Bass
www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--