Re: Reporting codes

news:1124732228.783434.23210@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Crash Gordon wrote:
> > these young'uns are spoiled with CID SIA etc, these days huh.
> >
> > :-)
> >
> I thought that CID and SIA were developed to help installers to
> overcome Jacks "thinking on the job" syndrome

CID and SIA were created to make non-thinkers believe that at the
Installation level, you couldn't screw it up.
Then some so-called thinkers pointed out that a non-thinker at the other end
can screw it up through the Automation programming at the Central Station.
And this is why 30 years later, after the invention of the digital
communicator, we are as advanced as we are today....